none
Mass Editing of Multiple Projects in PWA 13 RRS feed

• Question

• I am a young padawan to PWA.  

I have several individual projects (59 count) in PWA that have been uploaded/published without any baselines being set; in addition, I need to edit the ownership field on several projects (due to turn over).  I really don't' want to spend the time to do this project by project.

I am looking for a mass edit solution of some kind.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance for the help

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no easy way to mass update projects' baseline, unless with powershell scripts.

If your need concern also mass update of custom fields, you can use the Nearbaseline bulk edit free app which allows you bulk editing custom fields like in an excel sheet.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by C-Hansen Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no easy way to mass update projects' baseline, unless with powershell scripts.

If your need concern also mass update of custom fields, you can use the Nearbaseline bulk edit free app which allows you bulk editing custom fields like in an excel sheet.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by C-Hansen Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:50 PM
  • Hi Guys,

What you need is Fluent Books by Fluent Pro, thi sis agreat piece if software.

This allows migration between PWA instances (ie lab and Production) and it also enable the bulk updating of fileds.  You simply select the fields you want to update on which projects. The software produces a spreadsheet for easy updat which is then consumed and written back to the server.  Fluent Book has an 2013 on Prem and Online version.

Regards

Matt

Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:41 AM