Issues with shared calendar synchronization... RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I am running Outlook ProPlus 2016 (Office 365) v16.0.11629.20246.  In an update a few weeks ago, I had users begin to complain that they weren't seeing certain appointments on shared calendars.  The only way that I have been able to get those appointments to show up in their calendar view is to remove the MAPI profile and set it back up.  This has also entailed removing the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook folder.  When this is done, the Outlook client will synchronize properly.  However, I have had several users that this worked for, then within a day or two, the problem is back.

I'm not sure if this is an Outlook sync issue or an Exchange sync issue.  Has anyone else run across this before?  We are currently using Exchange 2010.

Thank you!
    deputybpfife

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In this situation, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if appointments show correctly on the web mail. If the process goes well, it means the shared calendar is ok, then the issue may be related to the Outlook client synchronization.

Besides, please go to File > Account Settings.
    Select your account then click change > More settings > Advanced > uncheck Download Shared Folders.
    Then restart your Outlook and see if there is any difference.

In addition, how do you share the calendar? For the problematic user, it is suggested that removing and reassign the rights and sharing the calendar again.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:38 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 21, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:38 AM