none
Windows 10 Privacy Settings

Question

• Hello,

I have to roll out some company settings within the privacy settings, so Windows 10 is not able to send some information to Microsoft.

So now my question is: Where are the GPO settings to configure these settings?

I hope someone can tell me if these settings are even possible with GPOs and if they are where I can find them.

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Paul

Friday, September 11, 2015 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

We have many privacy settings within Settings->Privacy dialog, not sure which settings you are going to disable. As per my research, we don't have built-in policy settings for most of them. However, we can control these settings by deploying corresponding registry keys with Group Policy.

We can run Process Monitor to capture related registry keys. I have tried and found the following registry keys that are corresponding to the "General" tab of Windows 10 "Privacy" dialog, just for your reference:

"Let apps use my dverstising ID..."
    Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo
    Value name: Enabled
    Value data: 0 or 1

"SmartScreen Filter"
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost
    Value name: EnableWebContentEvaluation

"Send Miccrosoft info about how ..."
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\TIPC

"Let website provide ..."
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile
    Value name: HttpAcceptLanguageOptOut
    Value data: 1 (disable the option)

Also, we have a built-in policy setting for the "Feedback & diagnostics setting", the path is Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection (It may be listed as Data Collection and Preview Builds).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by PauloW4 Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:56 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

We have many privacy settings within Settings->Privacy dialog, not sure which settings you are going to disable. As per my research, we don't have built-in policy settings for most of them. However, we can control these settings by deploying corresponding registry keys with Group Policy.

We can run Process Monitor to capture related registry keys. I have tried and found the following registry keys that are corresponding to the "General" tab of Windows 10 "Privacy" dialog, just for your reference:

"Let apps use my dverstising ID..."
    Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo

"SmartScreen Filter"
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost
    Value name: EnableWebContentEvaluation

"Send Miccrosoft info about how ..."
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\TIPC

"Let website provide ..."
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile
    Value name: HttpAcceptLanguageOptOut
    Value data: 1 (disable the option)

Also, we have a built-in policy setting for the "Feedback & diagnostics setting", the path is Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection (It may be listed as Data Collection and Preview Builds).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by PauloW4 Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:56 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:52 AM
  • Hello Ethan,

thanks for your post.

I will look if I can find any other settings with the Process Monitor as you suggested.

I hope Microsoft will provide some admx files in the future.

Thanks again
    Regards
    Paul

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:56 AM