none
Internet Explorer not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a Dell laptop...really old...but I have been able to get onto the internet with my wi-fi card with no problems other than being slow. I used the internet in the a.m. then went back in the afternoon and tried to get on but it wouldn't work. When I click internet explorer it brings up the address of my homepage, says it is connecting, but then I get an error message saying "Internet explorer has stopped working ... must be shut down...sorry for inconvience.....send report: yes, no debug"I have sent a report and debugged...there is no way to exit from the error screen so it just keeps repeating a few times then finally shuts down internet explorer. I have a signal with my wi-fi ... usually varies from good to excellent. I also tried to restore my files  thinking maybe I deleted a file on accident...but nothing works!! I start school soon and I need my computer I do all on-line classes!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi!

This occurs only with a single site?

Which version of your IE?

also try to reset settings
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Tried to upgrade to another version?

MCP, MCDST e MCSA 2003

Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:31 PM
  • Forgive me but I am very limited in my computer skills. I have not tried another web site because when I choose Internet Explorer it immediately goes to my homepage ans gives an error message. I thought of intalling a higher version...but how do i do that if i can't get on the internet?
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:53 PM
  • I thought of intalling a higher version...but how do i do that if i can't get on the internet?

By using "Sneaker Net".   E.g. download to a USB stick using the computer you are using and carry it to the problem machine

BTW you should answer all the questions which were asked by the previous poster.  Another one would be what is your OS and its maintenance level (eg. XPsp2? in which case you could be using IE6 in which case the suggestions made so far would not be applicable--taking your "really old" comment factually.)  ; }

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, December 17, 2010 10:13 PM
  • Try disconnecting the wireless connection and connecting it again.Click on start, click on connect to, click on show all wireless connections, right click on wireless network connection icon, click on status and check the status of connection. Check the bytes are both transmitted and received.If problem Right Click on wireless network connection icon again, click on all available network connections, click on the name of your wireless network connection, disconnect the connection and connect the connection again if you know password  for your WPA encrypted wireless connection.
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:59 AM