emedded ssrs into word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement where I want to call SSRS report from word and use if there are any prompts and then embedded into the word document.

I already tried Quick Parts>fields option it's not working. I want functionality like following to call the reports from words and populate the prompt as following.

the above tool is retired and they are not doing any more.

if there is any third party or out of the box solution please let me know.

thanks in advance.

Zaim Raza.

http://zaimraza.wordpress.com/

• Edited by Zaim Raza Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:59 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Zaim,

Based on your error message, the error can be caused by your browser scripts settings. You should make your browser enable active scripting.

So in you scenario, what browser did you use? If you were using the IE. You can go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom level -> Enable Active Scripting under Scripting tab.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Monday, September 12, 2016 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xi Jin Monday, September 12, 2016 2:19 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Zaim,

I have made some test in my local environment (Reporting Server 2014 and word 2013). And I can embed Reporting Service reports into word by using Quick Parts-> fields option. Please refer:

In the field option, choose IncludeText -> paste in the report URL on Report Server (Please be noticed that remove the Toolbar by using the code like &rc:Toolbar=False in the URL). Then you will get the SSRS report in your word document.

Reference: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sqlman/2010/06/14/incorporating-reporting-services-reports-in-word-and-powerpoint/

So in your scenario, to achieve your requirement I would suggest you upgrade your office if possible.

Thanks,

Xi Jin. 

• Edited by Xi Jin Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:30 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:30 AM
  • Hi Jin,

I am using the Microsoft office professional plus 2013 and SQL Server 2008 R2 and getting the following error and report is not displaying properly.

This page might not
    function correctly because either your browser does not support scripts or
    active scripting is disabled.

<input maxlength="255" name="ctl31$ctl05$ctl03$ctl00" size="10" type="text" />

Error! Hyperlink reference not   valid.

|

Error! Hyperlink reference not   valid.

is it due to the SSRS 2008 R2?

thanks,

Zaim Razza.

http://zaimraza.wordpress.com/

• Edited by Zaim Raza Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:57 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:49 AM
  • Hi Zaim,

Based on your error message, the error can be caused by your browser scripts settings. You should make your browser enable active scripting.

So in you scenario, what browser did you use? If you were using the IE. You can go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom level -> Enable Active Scripting under Scripting tab.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Monday, September 12, 2016 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xi Jin Monday, September 12, 2016 2:19 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:39 AM