Default Lock Screen - GPO Setting Not Working? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to set a custom default lock/logon screen.  On Windows 7 we have a corporate backdrop for the logon screen.  I'm trying to use the GPO setting Computer\Policies\Admin Temp\Control Panel\Personalization "Force a specific default lock screen image"

The GPO applies and I can see it set the key in the Registry HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization LockScreenImage

But the machine continues to use the multi-color logon screen.

I have this set up in an isolated lab with just a single domain controller and 3 PCs.  I put the ADMX files from the Windows 10 machine into the GPO central store.

I even have tried setting it through local group policy directly on one of the machines and it still will not switch over to the custom image.

Everything I can find implies that this is all that is needed on Windows 8.1, so I was hoping it would also work with Windows 10.

Am I missing something?

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Mmarable,

Please make sure your destination PC is activated.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by mmarable Monday, January 5, 2015 2:59 PM
    Thursday, January 1, 2015 5:11 AM

All replies

• My domain controller in the lab setup is running Server 2012 R2 with Update 1.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:39 PM
  • Hi Mmarable,

Please make sure your destination PC is activated.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by mmarable Monday, January 5, 2015 2:59 PM
    Thursday, January 1, 2015 5:11 AM
  • Thanks Alex.  That was it.  Once I added a router to allow the machines on the isolated LAN activate it worked.

Thanks again.

Monday, January 5, 2015 3:00 PM