none
Federation Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

I have Lync 2013 to edge servers. The problem is,

a person from company can not see my presence i.e. green/red until I start the conversation then he can see my status.

I had this problem with two companies I have fixed on of them by finding their certificat (meet.blabla.xx) downloaded it and installe it on both my edge servers in trusted root certificate.

when I try to find the other certificate by doing

nslookup

set type=all

_sipfederationtls._xxx.yyy.com

I get  "svr hostname   = sipfed.online.lync.com"

In Federation and External Acces LyncOnline is set correktly to sipfed.online.lync.com

any ideas wht could be causing this?

Brgds

Erro

Friday, December 13, 2019 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Erro!

Can person in external company communicate with you normally

Can the person in external company start the conversation first, and then can he see your presence?

From the description of the third paragraph, do you mean you have fixed one of the company’s issue by installing the trusted root certificate or you just try to install the certificate to fix this issue?

Does anyone else have the same issue?

We recommend you check the certificate on the edge server. The following picture shows the certificate requirement on the edge server for your reference:

Besides, you could try to clear the client cache as the following link:

https://kb.intermedia.net/article/3238

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Monday, December 16, 2019 4:55 AM
  • For this to work the certificate, or the authority that issued the ... or Root CA certificate needs to be manually installed in the server. ... If you have OutSystems PaaS, you must contact OutSystems Technical Support to install your Root CA. ... If you have the Root CA certificate for the company that issued the ...
    Monday, December 16, 2019 5:12 AM
  •  Hi Jimmy,

the external user can not see my precense, he can only see it when i start the conversation, then I turn green.

This is only a problem  for two external companies. In the third I downloaded the external company's certificate and installed it on my edge serveres in trusted root, then it worked.

thanks

Erro

Monday, December 16, 2019 5:22 AM
  •  Hi,

I agree, but where can I find the certificate to install on my edge server.?

thanks

Erro

Monday, December 16, 2019 5:24 AM
  • Hi Erro!

If you want to install the certificate on your edge server, you can:

1. Download or export the CA certificate chain 
    2. Import the CA certificate chain
    3. Create the certificate request
    4. Import and export the certificate

For more details about steps for setting up certificate, you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-edge-server/deploy-edge-servers#certificates

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:10 AM
  • Hi Erro!

In my research, Edge Server need two different types of certificates one for internal and another for external.

For internal certificate you can use internal CA while for external certificate you can generate the request and send it to your external CA to get the public certificate.

The following steps show where to find the certificate on the Edge Server for your reference:

1.As you have request CSR for internal certificate, copy the *.req file and go to the internal CA to request the internal certificate.

2.Access your ADCS through web and click on "request a certificate".

3.Select "advanced certificate request".

4.Select "submit a certificate request...PKCS#7 file"

5.Copy and paste the *.req file content here and select "web server" as a certificate template.

6.Select "Base 64 encoded" and download both the files.

For more details about detailed steps of install certificate on Edge Server in Skype for Business, please refer to:

https://insidemstech.com/tag/edge-server-certificate/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Friday, December 27, 2019 2:25 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Thursday, January 2, 2020 1:27 AM