Two Forests and Send-As RRS feed

• Question

• I have two forests (Win2k8 AD @ Win2k3 compat level) there is a two-way trust setup.  Exchange2007 & Outlook 2010.

I have USERME on one domain and USERMME on the other. USERMME has Exchange mailbox on that domain.  Using the cmdlets I have given USERME full access and send-as to USERMME account & mailbox.  I can attach to the mailbox just fine with outlook 2010, but get error when sending that USERME does not have Send On Behalf of.  From playing with the cmdlet to also set the Send On Behalf To USERME on the other domain, it cannot find the USERME user on the external domain and I can't find anything that says anyone has done it cross-domain, just the FULLACCESS and SEND-AS.

The point is to user the USERME account to access and do all as USERMME.  I thought there may be a trick to also give USERMME Send AS since I am actually into that mailbox, although authenticated as USERME, but unless I haven't waited the 2hrs for Exchange yet, it don't work either.

I did check the FROM and it is pre-loaded with the correct mailbox address.  I can see the USERME in the FullAccess and Send-As in the EMC and the Send-AS checked in the account in AD.

I hope this is making sense what I am trying to accomplish.  It seemed rather straight forward when I started down this path and seemed it could be done.  Only thing I have not been able to do is restart Exchange (phone system has to be done as well -- pain), I have been waiting the so-called two our sync that everyone complains about.

Please help :D

Thanks - Kevin

Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:24 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Please see if the following article is helpful:

How to Create a User Account in Another Forest with Send As Permissions

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997833(EXCHG.65).aspx

Thanks,

Simon

Monday, December 26, 2011 2:31 AM

All replies

• Use Zimbra.
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:46 PM
  • you are no help, BG ... but then again, you never have.

Issue is we are moving a company from Zimbra to Exchange. Exchange can't see the other domain, but can use the cmdlets to set rights.  So trying to set one forest user's account full rights to second forest user's mailbox.

Friday, December 23, 2011 2:59 PM
  • Hello,

Please see if the following article is helpful:

How to Create a User Account in Another Forest with Send As Permissions

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997833(EXCHG.65).aspx

Thanks,

Simon

Monday, December 26, 2011 2:31 AM