Windows Media Player not Installing after system restore RRS feed

• Question

• I did a full restore on my PC using the factory recovery partition. After the restore I noticed that Windows Media Player was not installed. I went into the Programs turn on off feature and noticed that neither the Media Player nor the Media Center was checked off. I checked both to turn on feature and it was unable to restore some of the features and did not install. I checked the program folder and only 2 files were there, oleacc.dll and userenv.dll. <o:p></o:p>

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1<o:p></o:p>

So far this is what I have done:<o:p></o:p>

*Went into the Program turn on off feature and turned on both Media Player and Media Center and gave error message unable to install some features.<o:p></o:p>

*Tried to download the Windows6.1-KB968211-x64.msu and Windows6.1-KB968211-x64-Refreshpkg.msu I could not install because when it took me to the web site to check to see if it’s genuine I received this message “This version of Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool is no longer supported. Please download the newest version and ensure your system clock is accurate.” Everything is accurate and I ran a Windows update and everything is up to date with no optional updates.<o:p></o:p>

It might be something I missed or something I couldn’t find, but any advice will be helpful. If more information is needed I can post.<o:p></o:p>

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:20 AM

Answers

All replies