none
all text boxes suddenly disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• I've made a extensive schedule for renovation off a large university complex.

i used many text boxes to address or clarify issues.all the text boxes are connected to a id.

somehow all text boxes suddenly disappeared (with only one click).

can somebody help me to put all text boxes back (with one click :) )

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 11:58 AM

All replies

• Drawing objects are part of the view they were created with.  Switch back to the initial view and the text boxes should reappear.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 1:56 PM
  • not quite sure what you mean with "switch back to the initial view". thanks for the reply though
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Sorry for presuming.  You didn't say what you clicked on to make your many text boxes disappear, and I (perhaps incorrectly) assumed that you may have inadvertently changed to a different (though similar) view.  That takes two clicks for me - and two clicks to change back.  There's typically a view selection pull-down menu at the left end of the Task ribbon.  If you have a number of different gantt-type views, then you may have to select them individually to find the view that contains the text boxes.

It may turn out that your text boxes are truly gone, and for that I would have no answer.  Inserting drawing objects on the bar chart is rare in my experience.

To address or clarify issues in the schedule, it seems much more logical (and commonplace) to use the task Notes and the various custom text fields.  They are stable, auditable, exportable, and reliably printable.

Good luck, tom 

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:39 PM
  • thanks for the reply Tom.

I didn''t know what i clicked on. it happened unintentionally.

i tried al the different gantt type views and it seems that everything is gone. and there is no way i 'll get them back. In my opinion this is a serious flaw in ms project.

maybe ms project 2016 has solved this issue. i will soon find out :)

Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:10 AM