mdt task sequence RRS feed

• Question

• After importing Visio as an Application, what do i have to do in task sequence to make it so that i can change organization name, not ask for a Product key and be installed on a basic Level so that the user cant change the installation? Without the Office customization tool.

Or do i have to do it in the bootstrap.ini?

• Edited by Stiano7 Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:04 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:48 AM

All replies

• Is there a reason why you dont want to use the OCT tool? It takes a few minutes and you save the MSP file in the updates folder of your visio install!
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:46 AM
  • Its a Retail file and dont have the OCT tool or the admin folder, do you know how i could create my own config.xml file and link it to the setup.exe of the Visio?
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:12 PM
  • A silent install of Visio requires a .msp file from the Office customization tool. You can make it by running the setup.exe in a command line with the switch /admin. It'll have you specify install options as though you were going to install the program, then create the .msp file with the options you specified, including organization name and product key.

Check out: https://osddeployment.wordpress.com/2014/12/26/how-to-deploy-visio-2013-sp1-with-updates/

Friday, August 12, 2016 2:57 PM