none
is there an option for installing MDT's console on workstation RRS feed

• Question

• is there an option for installing MDT's console on workstation?

thx.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Monday, June 17, 2013 11:36 AM

Answers

• I think so. I believe MDT checks whether you have either WAIK or ADK installed.

From the MDT console you could do an Update of a remote deployment share. When you do an Update of a deployment share the original boot image files are copied to your local %TEMP% directory from the target server and the processign is done locally. Once it is finished the image is copied back to the server, this means that either ADK or WAIK must be installed locally.

Monday, June 17, 2013 2:41 PM
  • You can. You install the full MDT environment and when opening the console on your workstation you can open any deployment share on any servers you have around by specifyng the URL: \\servername\deploymentsharename$ (providing that thye all are on the same MDT version).

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, June 17, 2013 1:17 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 12:42 PM

All replies

• Not entirely sure what you are asking, but you can install MDT on a Windows workstation and run the Deployment Workbench from there.  

www.vaughnemiller.com

Monday, June 17, 2013 11:48 AM
  • You can. You install the full MDT environment and when opening the console on your workstation you can open any deployment share on any servers you have around by specifyng the URL: \\servername\deploymentsharename$ (providing that thye all are on the same MDT version).

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, June 17, 2013 1:17 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 12:42 PM
  • so, ADK must be installed too?

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:31 PM
  • I think so. I believe MDT checks whether you have either WAIK or ADK installed.

From the MDT console you could do an Update of a remote deployment share. When you do an Update of a deployment share the original boot image files are copied to your local %TEMP% directory from the target server and the processign is done locally. Once it is finished the image is copied back to the server, this means that either ADK or WAIK must be installed locally.

Monday, June 17, 2013 2:41 PM