Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 with Microsoft wirless Optical desktop receiver 2.1 RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I had this keyboard and receiver for a few months now along with the optical wireless mouse 2000.

they were working wonderfully, then suddenly the keyboard stops working, the mouse however works fine.

i removed the batteries and replaced them with new ones and the problem persists, I connected the receiver to another computer and still face the same problem, however after a few days it worked again for like 10 days then suddenly same thing happened.

Please advise.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 11:35 AM

All replies

• Make sure that you are using the keyboard at a distance of 6ft or less from the optical receiver.
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:53 PM
  • I have the same problem with my multimedia keyboard 1.1; worked fine for couple years,  turned it on (at home) one morning and keyboard and mouse not work.  i changed batteries, unplugged usb, restarted pc and still same problem.  went to keyboard settings and shows working properly; w/not update driver... mouse did start working properly, but keyboard has been tried on 3 different computers, with no success.  types worng letters and/or characters.  have tried function keys, etc, to no avail.  help please.  It  is used in close  proximity 2-3 ft usually.  help please
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 4:29 PM