none
Chrome and Firefox display issue with RemoteFX windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• It seems we have an issue with the display of Chrome and Firefox on all our Virtual Desktops. Internet explorer seems to be working fine. 

I seemed to have isolated the issue to RemoteFx as when I remove this from the VDI chrome and firefox open without display issue. However this obviously limits other abilities which is why I have remotefx enabled in the first place. The HyperV server is running a Nvidia Quadro K2000 graphics card with the latest driver installed and Workstations are running WDDM 1.3 

I have re-installed chrome and firefox from local sources as well as deployed remotely. The display issue looks like windows within windows but if you click off the application is looks normal. If I click my mouse back into the window it looks like its duplicating itself all within the same window. 

I have run out of Ideas now as it doesn't seem to be local VDI issue nor does it seem to reside on the server. I don't see why Chrome and Firefox are affected but IE works as normal. 

• Moved by BrianEhMVP Tuesday, July 26, 2016 3:30 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As there is no display problem with IE, I suspect that problematic browsers might have compatibility issue with RemoteFX, and I suggest you refer to corresponding browser forums to see whether others have the same issue and whether there is any setting could be used to avoid this issue.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As there is no display problem with IE, I suspect that problematic browsers might have compatibility issue with RemoteFX, and I suggest you refer to corresponding browser forums to see whether others have the same issue and whether there is any setting could be used to avoid this issue.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:11 AM
  • Did you manage to resolve this?

We're having exactly the same issue and i can't find anything online other than this Chrome bug report that has died in activity - https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=529658

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:59 PM