SteadyState save settings RRS feed

• Question

• SteadyState 2.5:
    Is there a way to save a users restrictions before unlocking (to allow logging in and making a change). The only 'unlock' option I can see is to tick ‘no restrictions’ on everything, but then when I need to lock it again I have to start from scratch customising the settings.

('Export user' and then re-importing over the top of the exisiting user does not work)

Friday, March 27, 2009 1:42 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the feedback regarding this issue. Currently, there is no such "shortcut button" in Windows SteadyState to enable/disable the all restrictions under certain user. I understand that it could be very helpful to our users with this function. I will forward the thread with your valuable feedback to our product group. Thank you.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:40 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi fabrussio, it seems to me that you can export the user and remove the existing one and then import the user account with restrictions.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:41 AM
  • But if I need to change a setting in the user account I need to un-restrict the account, log into the account, make the change and then restrict it again. Deleting it will defeat the point.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:27 AM
  • Thank you for the feedback regarding this issue. Currently, there is no such "shortcut button" in Windows SteadyState to enable/disable the all restrictions under certain user. I understand that it could be very helpful to our users with this function. I will forward the thread with your valuable feedback to our product group. Thank you.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:40 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:31 AM