none
Unable to see Annotations on Scorecard RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

we are unable to see the Annotations on scorecard..

In order to achieve this we followed these steps

Step  1 : Annotations populated through excel add-ins

Step  2: Excel add-ins Form Submitted

Step  3: we made  AllowAnnotations="true” in Dashboard designer bswx file

Step 4: Scorecard Added to the Dashboard

Step 5: Deployed the Dashboards on Sharepoint site

Step 6: while checking the dashboard no Annotations are available on dashboard on     

sharepoint site

Did I miss any properties to enable…..

Note: I have found that the Annotations of Excel add-ins will get stored in A_Table name, but if we entere any comments from scorecard that will get stored in PPSMonitoring Annotations table which is different location. So how we can synchronize these to locations to view the Excel add-ins annotations on Scorecard?

Help much appreciated………..

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal.G

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hello Gopal guguloth,

No you did not miss any properties. As you found the annotations for the Scorecard are saved in the PPSMonitoring table and they were not built to import annotations.

To synchronize these annotations you would have to update the Annotations table in the PPSMonitoring with the information from the A_Table you mentioned. I don't know if all the columns will map over correctly or not. I do want to mention that this process would have to be done everytime a new annotation is added to the excel form. Also that doing all this is risky and unsupported so I would definitely backup everything before trying anything.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:25 PM

All replies

• Gopal,

I believe that the annotations would need to be in the Planning cube.  I am moving this thread to the Monitoring forum because you may be able to get better ideas over here.

Aseem

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:43 PM
  • Hello Gopal guguloth,

No you did not miss any properties. As you found the annotations for the Scorecard are saved in the PPSMonitoring table and they were not built to import annotations.

To synchronize these annotations you would have to update the Annotations table in the PPSMonitoring with the information from the A_Table you mentioned. I don't know if all the columns will map over correctly or not. I do want to mention that this process would have to be done everytime a new annotation is added to the excel form. Also that doing all this is risky and unsupported so I would definitely backup everything before trying anything.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:25 PM
  •  

Hi John Thomas,

Thank you for your Reply.......

How we can update the PPSMonitoring table with A_table, because both table scheemas are different and as you mensioned it is very risk job to update PPSMonitoring table every time the new annotations added from Excel add-ins.

is there any way to automate this process which updates annotations to PPSMonitoring tables without user intervention.

Expecting reply........

Thanks and  Regards,

Gopal.G

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:48 AM
  •  

Hi Aseem,

Thank you for response...........

Annotations will get stored in AppDB under A_table not in cube, but cube will store the count of annotations

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal.G

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:54 AM