HP softpaq not installing all drivers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I am using MDT 2012.  Lately i have noticed something a little odd.  When i check my device manager it shows me that some drivers are missing.

Here is how i have this setup.

I have each driverpack (downloaded from HP) setup as a separate selectable application which is installed via task sequence.

for example depending what model system im deploying i have it where i can select the corresponding driverpack that matches.  Lately when the deployment completes i have to manually go into the device manager and manually update the drivers.  once i point the missing driver to its instal location (c:/swsetup/whatever the driverpack is called) the missing drivers install without issue.

My question is why does this not install automatically?  is there a better way to do this?

thanks for all input.

Human Knowledge Belongs To The World

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:15 PM

All replies

• Few places to look, depending on your OS.  I'd start by looking at the ZTIDrivers.log for a particular model that's not installing all drivers to verify all matching drivers are found and copied over for injection into the local driver store.  The other files you can look at are: dism.log, CBS_unattend.log, setupapi.offline.log, and setupapi.dev.log.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Monday, June 3, 2013 10:10 PM
    Answerer
  • have you tried running HP SSM from the task sequence? This will go through and install all drivers if something is not detected and installed by this. The driver is not found in your driverstore. I thought some devices were being missed at first but that was just the HP 3D Driveguard which I had skipped when downloading drivers.
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:27 PM