IE10 in Win7: Links not opening in tabs RRS feed

• Question

• Starting last Friday when I would open a link in IE10 on win7 it opens everytime in a new window instead of a tab.  Before Friday they were opening in tabs.  No changes to the system have been made, except for any updates to IE10 that I was not aware of.

I have verfied my tabbed browsing settings and every item is set to open in a new tab.

Any ideas on this?

Monday, February 25, 2013 2:57 PM

Answers

• What does center clicking do ? if a mouse is being used.
    • Marked as answer by amartinac Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:06 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 3:55 PM

All replies

• What does center clicking do ? if a mouse is being used.
    • Marked as answer by amartinac Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:06 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 3:55 PM
  • center clicking does open the link in a tab, so thank you for that.  Is that the design now?
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Not sure but it seems to be a bug with internet explorer deciding on how links open,

Internet options/ General/ Tab settings/ the two lowest options,

I set both as open in new tab.. and some times it works and some times it does not,

Center click is consistent/ always works. it's true in ie9 which I'm using.

https://33giqq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pbXZkTqwXa9RYNrjwYSm2VE_yd6_Jdro1wYcpE3ew9NJNOxiNgovcG5omChAsrOwAGCuZwWflfOwWvJ4v0SEwtruc6-77UG_3/internet%20options%20general%202.jpg?psid=1
    • Edited by ThrashZone Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:57 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:56 PM
  • CTRL+click or middle button or right click to open in tab - doesn't work. But drag and drop link on the TAB is working!!! :-) This happens if user is not an administrator. Log in as admin resolves the problem.
    Monday, October 7, 2013 8:41 AM
  • I don't think the tabbed browser settings have anything to do with clicking links on the web page.

Enable tab browsing turns it on or off.  Subordinate choices do not seem related

When a new tab is opened, open: refers to what happens when you create a new tab (click on the "New Tab (Ctrl-T)" tab)

When a pop-up is encountered refers to pop-ups only

Open links from other programs in: refers to external application links such as mail

If anyone knows of a setting configuring the action taken when opening a link within the browser is supposed to behave, that might be helpful.  My suspicion is that it's a registry setting somewhere.

I got this working by resetting all settings (Reset... in Advanced) but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Monday, November 4, 2013 10:36 PM