Site Based Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• We have two sites at our domain. I want to install two front end standard skype server. Each front end server will locate in diffrenet site. First site's user must connect pool1 and the second site's user must connect pool2. All users must connect with each other. Is it possible? 

I can configure manually server settings at skype client or is it possible with dns?

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:35 AM

Answers

• If you have different DNS servers at different sites then you can just point the local DNS to the local Lync server.
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:56 PM

All replies

• This is possible. You simply need to home those users in their respective sites and they will register in their local site.
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:09 AM
  • Ad Site and services is enough?   What about dns records? We use single meet, admin, web and srv sip records. And they point only one server.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:38 AM
  • Unless you have geo load balancers (like the ones offered by Kemp), these records are really only going to point to one Edge/RP site. There can only be one federation route so your SRV for sipfederationtls will have to point to one Edge pool anyway. Once clients sign in they will get redirected to their appropriate pool and services.
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:17 AM
  • We will use skype for internal network. No edge no reverse proxy. Each site has own dns server.  I want to use  pinpoint dns or manul server configuration.

I think we can use srv with pinpoint dns records. Each srv will point site's front end server. Is it possible?

Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:23 AM
  • If you have different DNS servers at different sites then you can just point the local DNS to the local Lync server.
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:56 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 30, 2018 9:34 AM