Calculating Windows Azure pricing RRS feed

• Question

• The price calculator Windows Azure does not show option for us we inform the number of hours that we use his service. Is the price calculator Windows Azure calculating 24 hours of use per day during the month?

How can I calculate the amount I pay if I access the Windows Azure services for two hours for day throughout the month?

thanks for any reply

Monday, December 29, 2014 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi  Gustavo,
    The price calculator windows the azure calculator  just give a basic budget instead of detailed information.

for more detailed information , I suggest that you could refer to the link below:

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Windows Azure 's different  service has different detailed pricing policy .

For example ,if you are using Cloud Service ,Cloud services are billed based on the duration of time your service was deployed for. If your instance was deployed for less than an hour or, multiple hours plus some fraction of hour, you will be charged for that duration only.
    If you are using Azure SQL Database, you are billed for each hour the database exists, regardless of usage or if the database is active for less than an hour, using the highest rate that applied during the hour.

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

• Proposed as answer by Mekh Subba Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mekh Subba Friday, January 2, 2015 6:42 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which services are you looking for exactly ?

For example, Virtual machines are billed on per-minute basis

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/

Regards,

Mekh.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:50 AM
  • Hi  Gustavo,
    The price calculator windows the azure calculator  just give a basic budget instead of detailed information.

for more detailed information , I suggest that you could refer to the link below:

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Windows Azure 's different  service has different detailed pricing policy .

For example ,if you are using Cloud Service ,Cloud services are billed based on the duration of time your service was deployed for. If your instance was deployed for less than an hour or, multiple hours plus some fraction of hour, you will be charged for that duration only.
    If you are using Azure SQL Database, you are billed for each hour the database exists, regardless of usage or if the database is active for less than an hour, using the highest rate that applied during the hour.

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

• Proposed as answer by Mekh Subba Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mekh Subba Friday, January 2, 2015 6:42 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:07 AM
  • Hey Gustavo,

Thanks for posting!

In azure when we talk about month it equals basically to 744 Hours.

You can do the math based on that and based on the specific service that you wish to use.

Thanks,

Ido

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:06 AM