BSOD on VDI View Desktops RRS feed

• Question

• I am sporadically getting Win7 SP1 BSOD in my VDI environment. Every time a desktop crashes, the next login by a user gets the infamous "Windows has recoverd from an unexpected shutdown". If you select "View problem details", it will show your to location of the minidump file, and some WER-24937078-0.sysdata.xml file. The size of the minidump is less than 200 kb. Of course, on each machine the number scheme is different in the WER file. The Event Viewer log does not tell me much. Other internet hits on this error message point to memory sticks. However, since I am in a virtual environment, I can't replace the RAM. Plus many other virtual VMs are running fine.

Thoughts,

Thanks in advance...

Scott

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

Firstly, please let us know what kind of VDI environment it is? Whether you are using VMware software? If so, you can also contact their support help.

To check the this issue, please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it. Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Perform a system restore to test the issue

2. Test the issue in Clean Boot  .

3. Update all your drivers

Furthermore, I suggest that you can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently.

Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS)

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, July 4, 2012 6:51 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:59 AM