none
Federation issue's RRS feed

• Question

• we have implemented a three site approach, where each region has its own Edge and front-end pools. The access Edge pool is located in Europe. A few weeks ago we replaced our Access Edge Server (Lync2013), with a SkypeForBusiness Access Edge server.

In Europe and Apac people are still able to federate, however people in AMER region are no longer able to federate. When i Run Test-csfederation on the front-end pool in AMER i get a success, however people cannot federate while people in other region can.

We did some logging, and what we see in the logging is "Start-Line: SIP/2.0 404 Not Found"  and "ms-diagnostics: 1003;reason="User does not exist".

Any idea what could be wrong, or get more logging on the issue? The CLSScenarios which i have used are "AlwaysOn" and "IMPrecense".

Answers provided are coming from personal experience, and come with no warranty of success. I as everybody else do make mistakes.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Issue resolved after calling Microsoft.

Federation route was not set, which is a new feature of which i was unaware.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/help-topics/help-topobld/federation-route-settings-expander

Answers provided are coming from personal experience, and come with no warranty of success. I as everybody else do make mistakes.

• Marked as answer by Killerbe Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:55 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:55 PM
  • Thanks for sharing your solution about this case.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post. This will make answer searching in the forum easily.

<Issue Symptom>:

Three sites where each region has its own Edge and Front-end pools. The access Edge Pool is located in Europe. A few weeks ago user replaced their Access Edge Server(Lync 2013), with a Skype for Business Access Edge server. In Europe and Apac people are still able to federate, however people in AMER region are no longer able to federate. In the logging is “Start-Line: SIP/2.0 404 Not Found” and “ms-diagnostics: 1003; reason= “User does not exist”.

<Possible Cause>:

Federation Route was not set.

<Solution>:

Configure the following options:

1.Allow federation route assignments to all sites

2.Enable SIP federation

3.Enable XMPP federation

<Reference Links>:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/help-topics/help-topobld/federation-route-settings-expander

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Friday, January 10, 2020 9:50 AM