none
change tracking information is corrupt ID 30156 RRS feed

• Question

• I am backing up a 2012 fileserver Cluster and every weekend I get this tracking information is corrupt notification, which is followed by a consistency check which resolves it (15 minutes later). 

DPM is unable to continue protection for E:\ on fs.STORAGEGWCL1.xxx.xx because the change tracking information is corrupt (ID 30156 Details: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (0x80070020))

Has anyone run into this?  I am running DPM 2012 R2, and the cluster is also running 2012 R2. 

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What occurs on the weekends that doesn't during the week ?  Do you have Anti-virus full scan scheduled ?

DPM block level tracking files are in the System Volume Information folder of the protected volume.  Configure your AV s/w to exclude that folder and see if things improve.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 24, 2014 10:13 PM
  • Hi

There is nothing happening on the weekend.  I will try removing the weekend from the recovery points schedule and see if that causes it to happen on a different day or not.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:32 PM
  • Hi

I have made sure that no other task was running at the time of these failures.  It seems as though it was happening every 5 days.  This is my retention time for short term backups.  I am not copying these backups to tape.  Is there perhaps a configuration piece that I am missing?  I also noticed the following error last week

DPM has run out of free space on the recovery point volume and will fail synchronization for E:\ on fs.STORAGEGWCL1.xxxx.xx in order to prevent existing recovery points from being deleted. (ID 30195 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990AB2)

The server has more then enough space for the volumes to grow in size, and yet the next  task run on that volume states that is synchronized 7 GB.

Any ideas?

Monday, March 10, 2014 8:18 PM