none
QoS GPO - can multiple application names be specified in the same policy?

Question

• When creating QoS policies using both GP Mgmt Console as well as local security policy, I can actually enter multiple application names, separated by coma in the "only applications with this executable name" field. I don't get an error. But my question is if this will work? I don't see anything about using multiple application names. I know the alternative is to create a separate policy for each application, but I'd prefer to avoid that if I can, for the sake of simplicity.

Thanks!

Monday, March 09, 2015 6:31 AM

Answers

• I did a couple of tests and it seems that specifying more than one executable in policy does not work. The editor accepts the value, the policy is processed with no error, but no limit is applied to the connection as far as I can see. I did not check tagging though. So I guess there is a reason the documentation mentions only one application when restricting QoS policy to specific app.

Gleb.

Monday, March 09, 2015 9:37 AM

All replies

• I did a couple of tests and it seems that specifying more than one executable in policy does not work. The editor accepts the value, the policy is processed with no error, but no limit is applied to the connection as far as I can see. I did not check tagging though. So I guess there is a reason the documentation mentions only one application when restricting QoS policy to specific app.

Gleb.

Monday, March 09, 2015 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

I tested on my computer and got the same result as Gleb's. It seems that it only works for a specific application once you select "Only applications with this executable name".

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:36 AM