none
DPM agent installation failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I tried installing DPM agent on windows 2008 server (x86) and the installation failed. In logs I found that there was a problem with installing Visual C++ 2008 redistributable components. I tried installing it manually but it also failed. Visual C++ 2010 redistributable components install without a problem, but it is not sufficient for DPM agent installation.

Microsoft Visual C++ X86 runtime  - 10.0.30319 was installed prior to installing DPM agent (it was SW vendor requirement).

Can someone please help?

Kind regards, Grega

Grega
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:56 AM

Answers

• You should be able to find vc-redist intallation log under %appdata%\Local\Temp. Search for 'value 3' in the file.  It gives the point of failure.

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Grega Zupanek Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:55 AM

All replies

• You should be able to find vc-redist intallation log under %appdata%\Local\Temp. Search for 'value 3' in the file.  It gives the point of failure.

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Grega Zupanek Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hello Praveen

I checked the file and found out that a restart was required due to previously installed program.

Thanks a lot.

Grega

Grega
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:01 AM