Exchange 2016 Emails Not Sending. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have just set up a exchange 2016 server in an environment with a exchange 2010 server. Everything seems to have gone well apart from any mailboxes on the new 2016 server can't send emails. If the user sends email via OWA they get a error saying "You don't have permission to perform this action". If they send the email from outlook it just sits on the outbox. Mailboxes on the 2016 server can receive mail sent external and internally, but it can not send email either externally or internally. I have checked and verified all the DNS settings on the new exchange server and they match the settings of the 2010 server which can send mail fine.

Are there any logs i can check to see why exchange is having trouble sending the emails?

Regards

Oliver Knights

Friday, July 8, 2016 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hello all,

Thanks for your suggestions. It turned out i had managed to delete all the default receive connectors. I recreated all the connectors and then mail started sending again.

Regards

Oliver Knights 

• Marked as answer by olie93 Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:24 PM
    Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Oliver,

Can you confirm that if you have created exchange 2016 send connector 

Enable protocol logging on exchange 2016 send connector

Try to drop an email through telnet to external domain from exchange 2016 box and see the telnet results

By doing above tests we would be able to see where the issue  we are having

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Monday, July 11, 2016 5:29 AM
  • Hi Oliver,

From your description, we know that the emails sent from Exchange server 2016 in Outbox or got the error message above.  This may mans that the message hasn't submitted to the Exchange 2016 transport pipeline. Please help to verify the following information:

1. Try to send a test message form Exchange 2016 to Exchange 2016 and then check the result.

2. Please help to get the receive connector information from both of your Exchange server 2010 and 2016 with the following command:

get-receiveconnector "default connector name" | fl auth*, permission*, transportrole

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jason.Chao Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:31 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hello all,

Thanks for your suggestions. It turned out i had managed to delete all the default receive connectors. I recreated all the connectors and then mail started sending again.

Regards

Oliver Knights 

• Marked as answer by olie93 Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:24 PM
    Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:24 PM