How to install App-V server 5.1 by cmd?Nothing happened after I ran the scripts? RRS feed

• Question

• According to the doc site, I ran the scripts on the cmd but nothing happened, no error message popped  out. 

Scripts:

appv_server_setup.exe /QUIET /ACCEPTEULA /MANAGEMENT_SERVER /MANAGEMENT_ADMINACCOUNT='domain\administrator' /MANAGEMENT_WEBSITE_NAME='MicrosoftAppVManagementService' /MANAGEMENT_WEBSITE_PORT='8080' /DB_PREDEPLOY_MANAGEMENT /MANAGEMENT_DB_SQLINSTANCE_USE_DEFAULT /MANAGEMENT_DB_NAME="AppVManagement" /MANAGEMENT_SERVER_MACHINE_USE_LOCAL /MANAGEMENT_SERVER_INSTALL_ADMIN_ACCOUNT /PUBLISHING_SERVER /PUBLISHING_MGT_SERVER="http://testsqlmachine.domain.local:8081" /PUBLISHING_WEBSITE_NAME="MicrosoftAppVPublishingService" /PUBLISHING_WEBSITE_PORT="8081" /REPORTING_SERVER /REPORTING_WEBSITE_NAME="MicrosoftAppVReportingService" /REPORTING_WEBSITE_PORT="8082" /DB_PREDEPLOY_REPORTING /REPORTING_DB_SQLINSTANCE_USE_DEFAULT /REPORTING_DB_NAME="AppVReporting"

I can use the setup.exe to manually install the App-V server via UI , so it can't be the file issue.

I can get the'' appv_server_setup.exe /? '' help UI, but nothing happened after I put anything after /quiet parameter. Can anyone help me with this ? By the way , is App-V server 5.1 support the cmd quiet installation?

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 2:04 PM

All replies

• I must say, ive never user the commandline switches to install the backend... I'm not sure if its supported to run all the switches for Man, Pub, and Reporting together... maybe split them up first, so you run 3 times the installer?

Roy Essers

Friday, March 27, 2020 9:22 AM