none
When would I protect the System (C:) volume in addition to BMR/System State? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

When would I also protect the files on the C: drive?  If I only protect System State/BMR, when would I need the C: drive as well?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

One reason to do this if you needed the ability to restore files and folders individually from DPM. With BMR backup you would need to restore the BMR as a whole.

I hope that answers your question.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

One reason to do this if you needed the ability to restore files and folders individually from DPM. With BMR backup you would need to restore the BMR as a whole.

I hope that answers your question.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:35 AM
  • Thank you sir.  Concise and to the point, unlike the dpm documentation.
    Monday, November 4, 2013 5:01 PM