WSUS files using too much HDD space RRS feed

• Question

• Help. The update files in my wsus server (SBS 2011 Standard) are occupying over 180 gb of drive space. I have changed the storage option to store on the Microsoft update servers and run the Server cleanup wizard but have not recovered significant disk space. Can I simply delete the WsusContent folder as long as the SUSDB.mdf file is preserved?  If this is not a viable solution, can you tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

x

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you could get rid of some superseded updates. How to identify and decline superseded updates in WSUS

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you could get rid of some superseded updates. How to identify and decline superseded updates in WSUS

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:28 PM
  • I started the manual declining of superseded updates, but the list of updates contains 13,411 entries. I have set the advanced approval option to decline superseded updates.  When I set up local storage of updates, the only langage selected was English, and the only catagories were Windows 7 and newer and Office.  There must be a more efficient way to reduce my storage space.

x

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:58 PM