none
Copy a DPM dynamic disk to another physical disk RRS feed

• Question

• In our enviroment we are using DPM 2012 with 16 TB. I have DPM configured to use 8TB as the storage pool, and the other 8 TB aside to copy the dynamic disks. I need to be able to copy all of the data over to the other disks for offsite storage of our DPM backups.  My question is how do I copy that data over to the other disks? Is there a PS script I can use, or a simple command in Windows? I want to know if there is a way of doing this without having to consider 3rd party software.

-Thanks

civeng07 

Friday, September 28, 2012 8:24 PM

Answers

• In our enviroment we are using DPM 2012 with 16 TB. I have DPM configured to use 8TB as the storage pool, and the other 8 TB aside to copy the dynamic disks. I need to be able to copy all of the data over to the other disks for offsite storage of our DPM backups.  My question is how do I copy that data over to the other disks? Is there a PS script I can use, or a simple command in Windows? I want to know if there is a way of doing this without having to consider 3rd party software.

-Thanks

civeng07 

Hi civeng07,

No. Your only good option is to use 3rd party tool such as Firestreamer. This will give you a VTL and let you copy the data onto the other disks for offsite.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:31 PM