Windows Server 2016 Essentials Technical Preview 5 - Connection wizard software win 10 (1115) RRS feed

• Question

• Comment / problem - if you run the connection wizard on a pc using a standard user the created user becomes an administrator not a standard user.

I know that the process has to be run as an admin user but if you are a standard user then the created user should also be standard in my option.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Only the user which belongs to admin group has the permission to run Connector Wizard and configure the client to connect to Essentials server.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Only the user which belongs to admin group has the permission to run Connector Wizard and configure the client to connect to Essentials server.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Sorry Eve you have got the wrong end of the comment.

I was creating a standard user on a pc with the wizard, but it gets Local Admin access when created.

Better description  hopefully.

Local Pc standard user logon. (run connect wizard - add Admin user credentials to run wizard.)

Wizard runs and creates a domain user with local Admin privileges (Not what I would expect.) The domain user being added is a standard user.

As the user id on the domain is a standard user and the local user is also standard. (accept that the process needs admin and runs as admin due to the added credentials.)

The new user should also be Standard once created.

Hope that explains it better.

Peter

• Edited by Peter gb Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:32 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:30 AM