Blurry and reduced display after upgrading RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit from Vista.  Now not only is everything slightly blurry, there is also a black border around the entire display.  I'm losing about 2 inches of my LCD monitor.  I installed drivers for ATI Radeon 4800 series that were released today (10/27/09) so I can't see how that would be the issue.  Please help.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:16 PM

Answers

• Hi archju01,

Did you install the driver from ATI directly? If not, please uninstall it and then install this driver for Radeon 4800 provided by the manufacturer which was published on 10/22/2009.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If the issue persists, use the buttons on the monitor and see if the display can be resized. Since you are using LCD monitor, just press "auto" button on the monitor. It will adjust the screen automatically.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:32 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:15 AM

All replies

• I'd like to add that after completely uninstalling my video card drivers, the black border was still present.  I've also confirmed that the resolution I have set is my monitor's native resolution.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:48 PM
  • Hi archju01,

Did you install the driver from ATI directly? If not, please uninstall it and then install this driver for Radeon 4800 provided by the manufacturer which was published on 10/22/2009.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If the issue persists, use the buttons on the monitor and see if the display can be resized. Since you are using LCD monitor, just press "auto" button on the monitor. It will adjust the screen automatically.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:32 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:15 AM