none
SNMP Agent controls Settings in GPO

Question

• How can I enable the following SNMP setting in GPO? I am able to set SNMP community, server address etc.

Physical: Specifies whether this computer manages physical devices, such as a hard disk. 

Friday, February 6, 2015 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Physical: Specifies whether this computer manages physical devices, such as a hard disk. 

As far as I know, there is no dedicated group policy setting to configure this. However, we can try to edit the registry to configure the setting. To do this, we can navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\RFC1156Agent\sysServices

The value of above registry key corresponds to what services we select under Agent tab in the SNMP Services Properties. Here, we can try to select the services we want and then get the corresponding value of the above registry key.

After this, if we need to deploy the configuration to multiple computers, we can do this via Group Policy Preferences Registry extension. In this case, we need to configure the registry change under Computer Configuration\Preferences\Windows Settings\Registry

Regarding GPP Registry extension, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Registry Extension

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771589.aspx

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 9, 2015 2:53 AM