Outlook 2016 Professional RRS feed

• Question

• I have a certified Microsoft Engineer and I have been on the phone with Microsoft for quite a few days now. I had downloaded the newest update for Windows 10 Pro 1803 OS Build 17134.191. The problem I am having is that I have had Office 2016 Professional for my two PC's. One being my desktop and one being my laptop. When a new update comes out I am the kind of person who does not upgrade I download the iso and I low format my hard drive and install Windows fresh as to run into no problems. For the last three updates there was no problem. Now my Office will not activate and I have been on the phone from the Tier 1 support to Tier 3 support with no answer. They told me to open up a discussion here and that this is the place that should be able to help me get these activated. I need office so bad just so I can get my old emails back for work. Thanks for your help in advance.

James McLaughlin 

MCP,MSCA,MSCE Security+, CCNET, CCNA

• Changed type Steve Fan Friday, August 3, 2018 5:42 AM change to question
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Is there any error message when it failed to activate your Office?

Did it ask you to activate your Office when installing the last three updates?

Meanwhile, you can follow the instructions in the following article to try fix the activation issue:

Unlicensed Product and activation errors in Office

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, August 10, 2018 8:40 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2018 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

Any update? Feel free to post back if you still need assistance on this issue.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 10, 2018 8:41 AM