Using local Outlook 2010 with AppV Visio RRS feed

• Question

• Our setup has most of Office including Outlook 2010 installed locally, but Visio 2010 is delivered via AppV. Currrently Visio is not able to access Outlook to directly email drawings from within the app.  I have altered the osd to <LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>TRUE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED> as suggessted in http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2007/09/20/a-look-under-the-covers-the-local-interaction-allowed-tag.aspx but this has not worked.

I understand that had Visio been sequenced on a machine with Office already installed this should not be happening, and I will get the app re-sequenced, in the meantime I need to get this work-around working.

Any suggestions?

Friday, August 17, 2012 9:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

We faced this issue. To make visio work with local outlook you need to configure the outlook in local machine before sequencing. For safe side it is better to launch the send as option in visio to check if the source works properly in sequencing phase. Also when we do this some registry are getting captured during sequencing of visio.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Did you have an Outlook profile setup when you sequenced Visio?

Are there any registry keys / files captured within your package that might conflict with a local profile?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, August 17, 2012 9:42 AM
  • Yes and I don't know. 
    Friday, August 17, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Hi Eric,

We faced this issue. To make visio work with local outlook you need to configure the outlook in local machine before sequencing. For safe side it is better to launch the send as option in visio to check if the source works properly in sequencing phase. Also when we do this some registry are getting captured during sequencing of visio.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:09 AM