Automatic Site Wide Push not working for AD boundaries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i've got a strange issue that when i am using AD site boundaries auto-install won't work for machines, however if I create an ip range for machine and add it to the boundary group it works. CCM log shows no activity at all when just using the AD boundary method.

e.g. I have a client machine with ip 192.168.0.10 and /24 mask active on the network. I create an AD subnet 192.168.0./24 and assign that to an AD site “Headoffice” that is a boundary, and assign it to a boundary group with the site server assigned and "use this group for site management" is ticked.

The subnet shows correctly under SCCM > Admin > AD Forests > Subnets.

Automatic client push is enabled, with system types all 3 (servers, workstations, and site system servers), auto-install on dc’s is enabled.

i run a machine discovery and the client machine and dc are all discovered correctly with information such as “AD Site name” is populated. The IP address is also populated correctly as is the subnet.

If I push install a client machine it works fine.

There is no activity in the CCM.LOG file, and no ccmlog file etc is created on the client machines.

SCCM 2012 SP1. Single site server.

I’m assuming I’m missing something obvious but I’m struggling as where to look next! Any hints/tips? Is there a way to kick off the autoinstall process - i'm assuming it runs to a schedule someplace?

thanks

dave

David Hood www.consilium-uk.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:56 PM

All replies

•  Is there a way to kick off the autoinstall process - i'm assuming it runs to a schedule someplace?

It does not run on a schedule. A CCR (push) will be attempted once a new DDR (for a resource with no client that's within the site assignment boundary group) arrives at that site.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:00 PM
  • thanks - so how can i find out why the ddr isnt being created?

David Hood www.consilium-uk.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Is "Active Directoy Site Name" populated at all (1st screenshot)?
    Have you added the subnet 192.168.0.0 and/or the AD site Headoffice added to a boundary groups for site assignment?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:52 PM