none
Out Of Office message is not sending RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

I have Exchange 2007 and I am having a lot of trouble with Out Of Office Messages. I had a problem (That I was able to fix) which was that the user was not able to disable the OOF message from its Outlook and OWA. When the OOF message was disabled, Exchange was still sending OOF message to recipients. I have manage to fix this problem with "Outlook.exe /cleanrules". But now, I am facing another problem. A user is not able to activate the OOF Message. I have tried numerous things but I am still not able to activate it. Here is what I tried:

• Removing and readding the OOF message in Outlook
    • Removing and readding the OOF message in OWA
    • Recreating the Outlook Profile from scratch
    • Opening Outlook with the cleanrules switch
    • Using MFCMAPI to force delete the OOF (I did not found the OOF hidden message)
    • Using MDBVU32 to force delete the OOF (I did not found the OOF hidden message)

I followed the following procedure without any success: http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2007/tools/troubleshooting-out-of-office.html

The Exchange 2007 is installed on an Windows Server 2008 AD fully patched.

Thank you in advance.

Friday, April 19, 2013 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I found out that the service "Exchange Mailbox Assistant Service" was not started and therefore, The OOF could not be configured. Starting the service fixed my problem.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If outlook and owa have the issue, the user mailbox may be problem.

I suggest you recreate the user's mailbox and check the result. Before you recreate mailbox, please export your mailbox to pst files.

How to Export and Import mailboxes to PST files in Exchange 2007 SP1

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/04/13/3401913.aspx

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 22, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

I found out that the service "Exchange Mailbox Assistant Service" was not started and therefore, The OOF could not be configured. Starting the service fixed my problem.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:08 PM