Assistance with migration from 2010 UM to 2016 UM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Exchange 2010 to exchange 2016 migration, having some issues with migration of UM.

We currently utilise cisco call manager, which delivers voicemail into exchange.

I am following this - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn169226(v=exchg.150).aspx, but have found a few area's where im not quite sure on the impact, or if im "doing it right"

So to start off with, I have installed the required language pack on the 2016 UM server, enabled an existing certificate and set the start-up mode.

My questions

1) In step 2 of the document, it talks about moving the system mailbox which contains dial plans etc. It does not state if moving this mailbox will break existing 2010 functionality until all services have been moved. Can this mailbox be moved without harming existing services ? We have quite a few TB of mail to move, so during the migration phase, UM needs to obviously work for mailboxes homed on 2010 and 2016.

2) I have existing UM IP gateways, dialplans and hunt groups that I wish to use. The document goes into great detail about creating new ones.... but doesn't state what (or if) I need to do in order to "upgrade" the existing plans to be used on 2016.

3) When I try and add one of the existing dial plans to the "UM Call router settings" under the unified messaging tab of our desired UM server, I get an error "The dial plan 'Engineering' can'’t be associated with the Client Access server. Only SIP URI dial plans can be associated with Exchange 2013 Client Access servers". I know im missing something here... but not sure what.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:18 AM

All replies