none
How to route company email in Cpanel through my local exchange server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a local exchange server whose DNS is not registered with ISP. My company email server is in Cpanel with a registered DNS. Is it possible to route all mails to and from my company email in Cpanel through my local exchange server.  ie I need a copy of all the mails in cpanel into my local exchange server.
    • Edited by deepa_4nov Monday, October 3, 2011 6:29 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 6:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Who your DNS is doesn't matter.
    If your domain is with a web hosting company then simply get the MX records changed to point to your Exchange server and stop using the web hosting company for email completely.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 10:46 AM
  • My exchange server does not have  a registered DNS name or external IP. It is in my local network

I created an A record with mail.mycompany.com with the IP address of my company.

and pointed the MX entry to mail.mycompany.com. Now the MX entry is pointing to my router

My exchange server has an internal IP address. 

1. can I point MX entry to exchange server on internal network or

2. what should I do in router to route all mails from cpanel to my local exchange server

Monday, October 3, 2011 12:08 PM
  • The MX record isn't used internally. On your router you simply forward port 25 traffic to the Exchange server's internal IP address. Nothing else.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:27 AM
  • Thanks Simon for your reply I forwarded the port 25 to the internal exchange server. Do I need to have the domain name of my internal server same as the external domain name. Or should I add a new domain in my exchange server same as my external domain and create users with that domain???
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:07 AM