none
PerformancePoint Services error code 20604 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Sharepoint 2010 Service and I am trying to create a new Performance Point Dashboard, therefore I created a new Data Connection, and I could connect to the Analysis Services and Browse to the cube, but when I try to create a new Report under the PerformancePointContent, it dislpays the following error:

Error running data source query. Contact the administrator for more details and the Measures or Dimensions show this error: You do not have permissions to see this data. Additional details have been logged for your administrator

I am the Sharepoint Administrator and have full rights to the Analysis Server cube

The Application Event Viewer on the Sharepoint Server has this error:

An exception occurred while running a report. The following details may help you to diagnose the problem:

Error Message: Error running data source query.

<br>

<br>

Contact the administrator for more details.

Dashboard Name:

Dashboard Item name:

Report Location: {ddbf8a58-172c-c679-b4b8-5b7070fe9724}

Request Duration: 1,388.78 ms

User: zzzz\xxxxxx

Parameters:

Exception Message: Error running data source query.

Inner Exception Message:

Stack Trace: at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Server.PmServer.ExecuteAnalyticReportWithParameters(RepositoryLocation analyticReportViewLocation, BIDataContainer biDataContainer)

at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Analytics.ServerRendering.OLAPBase.OlapViewBaseControl.ExtractReportViewData()

at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Analytics.ServerRendering.OLAPBase.OlapViewBaseControl.CreateRenderedView(StringBuilder sd)

at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.ServerRendering.NavigableControl.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)

PerformancePoint Services error code 20604.

Any answer would be helpfull

Thanks

• Moved by Anjali Ch -MSFT Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:50 PM Routing to PPS (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Monday, August 23, 2010 9:42 PM

Answers

• I found the problem in my case.  I am not sure if this is the ultimate answer.  I looked at the application log on the sharepoint server and it mentioned deep down in the error that there was a problem with the cube.  The cube builder and processor didn't present the error however performance point caught the problem.  I would check the application log on the sharepoint server to determine if this is not your case as well cmlh.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:44 PM

All replies

• Verify that the user you have mentioned "User: zzzz\xxxxxx" (of course with actual domain\name) has at least contributor rights to PerformancePoint Content library in your BI site. Since all content except dashboard resides there.

Please add whether any type of security is applied at Analysis Services level like roles etc.

You can start SQL Profiler and run trace on your Analysis services then run the dashboard and verify what user is being passed on by PPS.

Perhaps configuration of PerformancePoint Services application in Central Administrator might need a look.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:24 AM
  • I am having the same issue. user hve full control right to the performancepoint content library. there is  no security applied at Analysis services. I have checked at sql profiler and verified that user is being passe by PPS. It was working fine for me but suddenly reports stop working. I am using MOSS2010 and using uattended servie account. I am not even using per user dentity so that kerberos could be the issue. Any advise would be helpfull Thank You
    Monday, August 30, 2010 6:59 PM
  • Are you using the unattended account for the authentication on the data source for PPS or the Per User? 

Is everything running on the same server?

If you are using unattended account for the SSAS data source in PPS then you will need to make sure that account has Read Definition on the database and Read permissions to the cube.  If you are using Per User then you should be good to go so it will be using your credentials and should work fine in a single server setup.  If you are in a distributed environment and want to use Per User authentication then Kerberos will be required.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:04 AM
  • Make sure that the credentials being used for the unattended account have Read Definition on the SSAS database and Read permissons to the cube (Drillthrough is usually a good one to set as well).  Once that account is setup in a Role then you should be good to go.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:06 AM
  • I am having the same issue. user hve full control right to the performancepoint content library. there is  no security applied at Analysis services. I have checked at sql profiler and verified that user is being passe by PPS. It was working fine for me but suddenly reports stop working. I am using MOSS2010 and using uattended servie account. I am not even using per user dentity so that kerberos could be the issue. Any advise would be helpfull Thank You
    I don't  see any reason why it should not work. Please check if Reporting services service is running and/or you can browse report through report manager in IE.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 6:44 AM
  • I have the same issue when I use Time Intelligence Post Formulas filter. So I solve it by check, that in dialog "filter link editor" the value in field "source value" must be "unique element name". Unfortunatelly, I have Russian Performance Point and try to translate russian names to english. Hope, it will be useful.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:23 PM
  • I am having the same problem.  I am using a domain admin account as the unattended service acount to see if i can get it to work.  But no luck.  The account has admini rights to the SSAS database and sharepoint server.  I can browse report manager in IE.  I have setup a filter and the filter has no problem connecting to the SSAS cube.  I can browse cube with the account.  It is strictly a problem when trying to create a analysis chart or datagrid via the dashboard designer. 

Has anyone determined an answer yet?

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:04 PM
  • Are you able to add any items to a grid or chart at all?  Does this only happen when you place certain items on the report?  It could be based on the selections and the number of values being calculated, if that is the case then take a look at this previous thread that was dicussing the same error code - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ppsmonitoringandanalytics/thread/3e676663-0d5f-4cbf-9694-14e82772c8e6.

Please provide more information in regards to the actual MDX that is being generated and if this works in other applications like say Excel.

Thanks.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, July 22, 2011 11:33 PM
  • I found the problem in my case.  I am not sure if this is the ultimate answer.  I looked at the application log on the sharepoint server and it mentioned deep down in the error that there was a problem with the cube.  The cube builder and processor didn't present the error however performance point caught the problem.  I would check the application log on the sharepoint server to determine if this is not your case as well cmlh.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:44 PM