Windows Aero is Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have an odd scenario. No matter what I do nor what service I enable or disable, Windows Aero doesn't seem to come back. I have all the needed services running, my computer meets the requirements (I've had it on before) and the strangest thing is I can use it on other logons, but not mine. 

I recently started using Virtual PC, and the issue arose a little after I installed it. Windows Aero just turned off and I can't use it anymore.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, with an AMD dual-core running at 1.9GHz with 2 GB of RAM. 

I'm not too worried about it, because it uses a lot of resources anyway. I'm more worried that it may have disabled more things that I don't know about yet. 

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks!

Saturday, April 3, 2010 3:27 PM

All replies

• Here are a few straw-clutchers that you may have overlooked:

1. Sometimes simply going to Control Panel > Classic View > Performance Information and Tools solves the problem. If there is new hardware, just click ‘Refresh Now’ or ‘Update my score‘.
    2. Right-click the Desktop > Personalize > Windows Color and Appearance > open Classic Appearance. Is Aero highlighted? If not, click it and Apply > OK, etc.
    3. Right-click Computer > Properties and under Tasks select Advanced System Settings (Continue if UAC is enabled) > Advanced Tab then Settings alongside Performance. The Visual Effects Tab contains a list of Options, are they all ticked? If not, tick them.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:40 PM