none
IE 11 Performance Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed IE 11 and its cosuming too much memory. It literally hangs and also make other apps slow. I have tried reinstalling , disabling addons, resetting, using software rendering,  but doesnt seems to be improving the performance. I tried using IE10 from debugging mode, its fast and fine. So the issue is definitely with IE11. Please assist.

Thanks

Santhosh

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:26 PM

All replies

• The high memory appears immediately when you open IE, or gradually increases when you’re using IE?

Since  issue only occurred in IE11, I would first suggest you install all the latest updates for IE 11, keep the latest flash player for IE 11.

Or try the troubleshooter, locate to Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Internet Explorer Performance

If doesn’t work, then you can use process explorer to view the detailed processes under iexplorer.

Process Explorer v15.40

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

And when you found that the IE is using  high memory, you can open task manager>Processes, then right click internet explorer, create dump file, then upload the dump file here.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:55 AM
  • Hello,

The memory usage gradually increases and restarting IE doesnt always help and I will have to reboot the system I have all updates for IE and Flash player also is updated. Also I cannot find IE troubleshooter in Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs .

Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:17 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay, what version of Windows are you using now? up to now, only IE 11 has a bad performance in your system, please check the system requirements, verify if it meets the requirements.

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn321440.aspx

If it meets the requirements, then use process explorer I mentioned in the first reply to view the detailed process

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:12 AM
  • Hello,

I use Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1 (updated), RAM 4GB, Processor 2.3 GHZ i3 .  Only IE 11 has performance issues. When I start IE it works fine but gradually it starts to take more memory and thus affecting other apps also. Than I have to close IE or maybe a reboot inorder to make other apps work. I have taken a dump of IE but the filesize is too large to upload here , 700MB+ . Checked process explorer and now  IE seemed fine in that although its slow.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:32 AM
  • What was the fix for this, even i am having the same kinda issue.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:30 PM