Populating Field with Names based on Choice Column RRS feed

• Question

• Hoping someone can help with this.

I have a list that I use for several business process.  I need in InfoPath Form to pull information from this list and display it a specific way.

So there are two columns : Person's Name and Identified Role.

In the InfoPath Form I need a field (text box or other) to look at the Identified Role column (which is a multi-choice field) and pull all names that have a specific role.

So Column A has the names and Column B has the roles (Director, Backup and Assistant)

So all those identified as a Director need to populate the Infopath field.  I've tried using formula to do this, but it only displays one name.  What do I need to do to make this work correctly.

Here's the formula.

Full_x0020_Name[contains(Business_x0020_Critical_x0020_Ro, "Director")]

Right now only one name actually populates but there are around twenty people with this role.  What am I doing wrong?  

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Kyler,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to auto-populate the names based on the selection of the Identified Role in InfoPath form.

I recommend to add the list where you store the data of the name and Identified Role to the InfoPath form as an external data and then use a Drop-Down List Box field to get the corresponding values.

Here are the detailed steps:

1. Add the list where you store the data of the name and Identified Role to the InfoPath form as an external data.
    2. Right click Drop-Down List Box field(called Name) and select Drop-Down List Box Properties, then set the field to get value from the list in step1(name in my test environment)refer to the picture(Role is the Multiple-Selection List Box in the form):

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Thursday, March 6, 2014 2:55 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:54 AM