Accept Sharing Request RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Has anybody else noticed the message what is coming to other user in a chat when other person like to share her/his desktop? The message says: "Accept Sharing Request".

My English is far away from perfect English, but I understand this so, that the other person is requesting me to share my desktop? But in reality it is the other person who is going to share her/his desktop? And s/he only request me to join the session.

Has anybody else confused because of that text? :-)

I just worried, when our end-users start asking this kind of questions...

--

Petri

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,Petri

When some people wants to share desktop or application to you,he/she will send an invite message to you after you reply it the session will be built or terminated depending on your choice.This is for the user to determine whether he/she would like to accept the sharing desktop or application,I supposed this message is designed for the scenario when some one prapare to share desktop to the user,but this user is doing some more important thing and would not like the desktop sceen to be interrupted by the app sharing then he/she can choose whether accept or decline the request.

Regarding the control request the message should be "requesting control",so there is no confusion bettween these two messages.

Hope this can clarify your question.

Regards,

Sharon

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Friday, September 9, 2011 6:24 AM grammar
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, September 16, 2011 11:23 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:23 AM

All replies

• That means that the other user would like to share their desktop with you.  Lync prompts you to accept the sharing request before it establishes the session.
    Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:18 PM
  • I know what is the result of it, but do you really think it is logical text for the normal end-user.

E.g. when you do have a remote assistance session for your end-user and you like to take the control. Then you are sending "request the control" to the end-users workstation.

But maybe there is some hidden logic which opens to me a bit later :-)

--

Petri

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:15 PM
  • Hi,Petri

When some people wants to share desktop or application to you,he/she will send an invite message to you after you reply it the session will be built or terminated depending on your choice.This is for the user to determine whether he/she would like to accept the sharing desktop or application,I supposed this message is designed for the scenario when some one prapare to share desktop to the user,but this user is doing some more important thing and would not like the desktop sceen to be interrupted by the app sharing then he/she can choose whether accept or decline the request.

Regarding the control request the message should be "requesting control",so there is no confusion bettween these two messages.

Hope this can clarify your question.

Regards,

Sharon

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Friday, September 9, 2011 6:24 AM grammar
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, September 16, 2011 11:23 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:23 AM