Installation of Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 site keeps failing on various prerequisite programs RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to install a new CM 2012 SP1 primary site on a new Windows Server 2012 vm with SQL 2012 SP1.  The prereqchk.exe tool indicates no issues, but when I try to run through the setup, it fails on SQL RMO and VC Redistributable x86.  Someone suggested installing SQL Replication option, which seemed to fix the RMO error, but then the VC Redist error came up.  I wonder if I need to clear out something and start over? 

----------------------------------

4/19/2013 3:58:01 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Verbose: 1 : Received error [Setup could not install the required component, VC Redistributable. ConfigMgr installation cannot be completed.] from native code.

4/19/2013 4:35:49 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Verbose: 1 : Received error [Setup could not install SQL RMO, ConfigMgr installation cannot be completed.] from native code.

----------------------------------

Has anyone else seen this behavior during installation?

KW

• Edited by sdhondaman Friday, April 19, 2013 9:56 PM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 9:54 PM

Answers

• I think I've found the answer -  I deleted the predownloaded prerequisite files, and re-downloaded them.  Seems to work now.

KW

• Marked as answer by sdhondaman Monday, April 22, 2013 1:57 PM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 1:57 PM

All replies

• No.. But Google gave me this. Have you tried this ?
    http://windowssystemsadmin.blogspot.dk/2012/02/vc-redistributable-configmgr.html

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Yeah -  I saw that as well.  I checked before running setup the last time and the temp folder was clear, but I still get the errors.

KW

Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:33 PM
  • I think I've found the answer -  I deleted the predownloaded prerequisite files, and re-downloaded them.  Seems to work now.

KW

• Marked as answer by sdhondaman Monday, April 22, 2013 1:57 PM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 1:57 PM
  • sdhondaman..............thnx.........

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:12 PM
  • That is what worked for me too.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:12 PM
  • I was seeing this error message when I was trying to install SCCM on a VM. 
    I previously downloaded all the required prerequisites to a folder on the host (which was accessible from the VM) using SetupDL.exe.
    Based on the entries in the ConfigMgrSetup.log, the installer was attempting to run msxml6_x64.msi when the error appeared.
    When I attempted to install msxml6_x64.msi manually, it gave me an error indicating that it could not be installed from a remote desktop session.
    I then copied the entire prereq folder from the host to a local drive on the VM.  I was then able to install msxml6_x64.msi manually from the VM's local drive.

I re-ran SCCM setup and it completed successfully!

Hope this helps . . .

Terry Wallner

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:42 PM
  • Another note you may want to consider is you need to make sure the MSSQL Admin services are configured correctly using the SQL Configuration Manager.  Two key services need to be accessed by SCCM during the initial install.

MSSQLSERVER Service - Make sure you create an account that has the proper permissions and add it to a security group.  If this is a Domain account, meaning not local it must have sufficient privileges to allow SCCM access.  By default when you install MSSQL it will us the local default system account.  This will prevent the SCCM install from succeeding as it will not be able to access the SQL database with enough privileges to configure SC CM in the SQL database.  By changing this service to start with an account with appropriate local or domain privileges will allow you to complete the installation.

SQLSERVERAGENT service - You will need to add the same account for this service as well.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:21 PM