none
Secondary DPM Server not running scheduled jobs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we seem to be having a odd problem here after i have upgraded our DPM servers to R2

We ended up reinstalling the server (to Windows 2012 R2) and installed DPM R2 on our Primary server, then our Secondary server already had Windows 2012 R2 but we have done a fresh install of DPM R2 and re installed SQL on this machine. 

Now both have installed correctly and can see each other fine, but the problem seems that the secondary one can't seem to run the scheduled jobs. if i manual try and create a recovery point this works fine on the secondary server. Now if i look at the even log on the secondary server i see warning events at the scheduled times for the backups, the Event ID is 208 Source SQLSERVERAGENT.

The details of the message is below, the computer name i have blanked out is of the secondary DPM server and I'm thinking that this maybe the problem not having access to the primary DPM server? I'm stumped how i could change this. I have looked this error up and found people had a similar problem if it was a remote SQL instance but this isn't the problem in my case as SQL is installed on the DPM box.

Any help would be great thanks!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:54 AM

Answers

• Just in case anyone ever comes across this issue the problem was that the MICROSOFT$DPM$Acct didn't exist within SQL. I manually created this account and the jobs all started fine once the account was there.
    • Marked as answer by Simon.Gibbs Sunday, January 4, 2015 11:21 PM
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 11:21 PM

All replies