How to get all the queries which was running in the MSSQL 2005 Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using sql 2005 DB server and I want to find out how many users had ran queries and what type of query (Complete query). How to find out this?
    Users are running queries from some applications and they are not directly connected to DB.

Can i get the info from transacation log?

Regards,
    venugopalP
    Friday, October 9, 2009 6:54 AM

Answers

• Hello venugopalP

You cannot get this information form the transaction log.

To get this information, you will need to run a profiler trace over a specific time window.

HTH

Ewan

If you have found this post helpful, please click the 'Vote as Helpful' link (the green triangle and number on the top-left).

If this post answers your question, click the 'Mark As Answered' link below. It helps others who experience the same issue in future to find the solution.
    • Marked as answer by Jenifer2705 Friday, October 9, 2009 10:43 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2009 7:33 AM
  • Hi VenugopalP

Take a look at this webcast to get an overview

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Video/66677/

HTH

Ewan

If you have found this post helpful, please click the 'Vote as Helpful' link (the green triangle and number on the top-left).

If this post answers your question, click the 'Mark As Answered' link below. It helps others who experience the same issue in future to find the solution.
    • Marked as answer by Jenifer2705 Friday, October 9, 2009 10:37 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hello venugopalP

You cannot get this information form the transaction log.

To get this information, you will need to run a profiler trace over a specific time window.

HTH

Ewan

• Marked as answer by Jenifer2705 Friday, October 9, 2009 10:43 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2009 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to this , can you plz brief the Profiler trace steps?
    It will be really helpfull

Regards,
    VenugopalP
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:15 AM
  • Hi VenugopalP

Take a look at this webcast to get an overview

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Video/66677/

HTH

Ewan

• Marked as answer by Jenifer2705 Friday, October 9, 2009 10:37 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:51 AM
  • Hi Ewan,

Thank you very Much.
    But the link which you have given is opening but i am not able to find thh video

Regards,
    venugopalp
    Friday, October 9, 2009 10:33 AM
  • Thanks Ewan..finall got it from other sites. It is giving the result which i was expecting...:)VenugopalP
    Friday, October 9, 2009 10:43 AM