Outlook BCC Disable using GPO is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

This is to inform you that Outlook BCC Disabled is not working using GPO procedure.. requesting you to provide solution for the same on urgent basis..

we have tried and read many articles to fix up the issue..

Regards

Jayakumar.B

Hetero Drugs

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:20 AM remove personal information
    Monday, April 1, 2019 6:50 AM

Answers

• Which exact policy did you configure?

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Monday, April 1, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Hi Jayakumar.B,

Agree with Robert, which policy do you configured in GPO?

As far as I know, BCC option is related with ShowBcc registry key which locates in the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\Preferences

Based on my test here, if you want to disable BCC options for all users, we can set ShowBcc to 0 and then disable BCC option via control ID 1860. Please refer to my steps here:

To set the control ID, please open Group Policy Editor and go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Disable Items in Users Interface > Custom > Disable command bar button and menu items.

Click Enable and then enter the ID: 1860

After that, deploy the registry key to all users.

We need to restart Outlook to make policy take effect.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 4:36 AM
  • Thank you for the reply

I have done the same exactly in the regedit and GPO

after restarting outlook and system its the same....

its only Hiding the option we wanted to disable completely..

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:13 AM

All replies

• Which exact policy did you configure?

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Monday, April 1, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Using ADMX GPO we have configure accordingly its still the same...

showing BCC in the oultook we wanted to disable BCC option in the outlook

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:48 AM
  • Hi Jayakumar.B,

Agree with Robert, which policy do you configured in GPO?

As far as I know, BCC option is related with ShowBcc registry key which locates in the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\Preferences

Based on my test here, if you want to disable BCC options for all users, we can set ShowBcc to 0 and then disable BCC option via control ID 1860. Please refer to my steps here:

To set the control ID, please open Group Policy Editor and go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Disable Items in Users Interface > Custom > Disable command bar button and menu items.

Click Enable and then enter the ID: 1860

After that, deploy the registry key to all users.

We need to restart Outlook to make policy take effect.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 4:36 AM
  • Thank you for the reply

I have done the same exactly in the regedit and GPO

after restarting outlook and system its the same....

its only Hiding the option we wanted to disable completely..

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

>>its only Hiding the option we wanted to disable completely..

What's the result on your side? When testing here, the BCC option is grey out and there is no BCC field in the email.

What do you mean by “disable completely”? If you also want to totally remove BCC from Options tab, we can customize ribbon. To do this, please open a new email and click File > Options > Customize Ribbon.

Select Show Field and then click Remove.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:24 AM
  • Dear Team,

as per the above steps we have done accordingly its hiding in the new mail tab but when the user clicks CC then its shows BCC there user can add BCC

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Dear Team,

as per the above steps we have done accordingly its hiding in the new mail tab but when the user clicks CC then its shows BCC there user can add BCC

Yes, I got the same results with you. If click To, I can also see the BCC in Select Names dialog.

Based on my test and research, users can always see the option when accessing the Address Book (either by Clicking on the To/CC button or using the Address Book icon).

I've done a lot of research and also checked server side. We cannot completely disable BCC feature. Currently, you can visit the Outlook user voice forum to submit your feedback.

Besides, I’ve found one thread here regarding a VBA script which removes the recipients from the BCC field when email is sent by the user. If you are familiar with VBA code, you can try this.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:20 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:19 AM
  • Looking for the solution to Disable the BCC for outlook users
    Monday, September 16, 2019 8:38 AM
  • Looking for the solution to Disable the BCC for outlook users
    Google for "NoBCC for Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 application".
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:44 AM