Office 2010 installation with appvfltredirection warning RRS feed

• Question

• When installing MS Office 2010, I received this warning:

The software you are installing for this hardware:

AppVFltRedirection

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

Followed by a grave warning about the dangers of continuing the installation. Do I really need to stop the installation? I don't use folder redirection -- at least not that I know of.

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:34 PM

Answers

• The method of install that you are using is the Office 2010 Click-to-Run setup. Try using the standard installation method instead, if aren't specifically wanting to use the Click-to-Run install

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, May 23, 2011 6:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by EllenTheisen Monday, May 23, 2011 2:43 PM
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 6:02 PM

All replies

• Do you have the latest service pack installed for Windows XP? (Service Pack 3)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 3:37 PM
  • Yes, I do.

Ellen Theisen
    Friday, May 20, 2011 5:16 PM
  • The method of install that you are using is the Office 2010 Click-to-Run setup. Try using the standard installation method instead, if aren't specifically wanting to use the Click-to-Run install

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, May 23, 2011 6:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by EllenTheisen Monday, May 23, 2011 2:43 PM
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 6:02 PM
  • Thank you very much. This worked. However, now my previous Excel doesn't appear in the Open With list -- even after I browse for it. Any idea how to get it there?  It works for my previous Word.
    Ellen Theisen
    Monday, May 23, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Nevermind the OpenWith question. I figured out how to do it. Thanks again for your help with the installation.

Ellen Theisen
    Monday, May 23, 2011 2:56 PM