none
Is it possible to trigger an MPR when modified attribute original value was not NULL RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is possible but this is what I'm trying to do:

I have a user attribute called "Cube Number".  When a user is provisioned in the portal the value is NULL by default. I have a simple notification set up that when a user is then assigned a cube number in the portal  it kicks off a notification (example: goes from NULL to 1234).  I created a set that has users with cube number not NULL and on transition in send a notification for cube number assignment. 

I want to now create a new MPR that detects when the cube number is changed (example: changed from 1234 to 4321) so I can send out a cube move notification.  This is easy I created a MPR that detects when the attribute is modified and sends the notice.  The only issue is this also runs when the initial cube number (NULL to some value) is assigned so now they would get two notices the move and the assigned notices. 

Is it possible to run the MPR only if the attribute was modified from a non-NULL value to a non-NULL value? and if so any ideas how I could do it? 

Thanks in advance.

-Dane

Monday, August 6, 2012 10:20 PM

Answers

• never mind solved it my self the solution was sitting right in front of me.

instead of applying the move MPR to all people I only applied it to the set of user who have an assigned cube number.  users with out a cube number are not part of the set till after the value is modified so the move notice is not triggered but the assignment notice is. 

• Marked as answer by Dane_B Monday, August 6, 2012 10:33 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 10:33 PM

All replies

• never mind solved it my self the solution was sitting right in front of me.

instead of applying the move MPR to all people I only applied it to the set of user who have an assigned cube number.  users with out a cube number are not part of the set till after the value is modified so the move notice is not triggered but the assignment notice is. 

• Marked as answer by Dane_B Monday, August 6, 2012 10:33 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 10:33 PM
  • Can you please guide how to trigger an MPR on attribute modification.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Here is what I did I created an MPR for a specific set of requesters (our team that handles cubes) for operation modify single-valued attribute.

From there I had a set of all users with a cube location that starts with % (meaning it starts with any value and is not null) and I set the target resource before and after the request should be in this group meaning they had a cube before the request and still have one after the request. 

The resource attribute was specific to the cube location attribute so the MPR only applied to changed to that attribute.  And finally the MPR kicked off a notification work flow.

What this all does is looks at any request to modify that attribute and if it meets the above requirements trigger the notice.  Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Yeah I am doing exactly same. But my action workflow is not getting triggered.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:26 AM
  • I got it working. I was using custom workflow and issue was there only.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:23 AM